If you're serious about your bargains, the Boxing Day sales are where you'll be headed today! David Jones and Myer always put on a good show come the 26th, and if you can drag yourself out of your Christmas food coma you could save some big coin! Heading into the heart of it today? Read our Sure Fire Sales Success Guide, so you can get in and out with maximum speed, and minimum spend.
- Have a plan. Make a list of the things you really need, and head to that department first. Low on underwear? Looking for a NYE dress? Prioritize your list in order of importance to sort your shopping plan of attack. This will stop you getting distracted, and up your chances of scoring what you really need.
- Set a budget. Keep a lid on what you spend by having a pre-determined shopping budget, and stick to it. It'll stop you losing your cool (and maxing the plastic) when you get amongst the sales fever!
- Dress appropriately. You need to be comfortable if you're going into battle on Boxing Day! Flat shoes that you can slip on and off are a must, as is nude, seamless underwear (and a strapless bra if you're dedicated) to eliminate distracting VPL. Easy to get out of and into ensembles are also key for streamlining your change room activities.
- Take a friend you trust. A second opinion can save you from making bad choices, and can answer the all important "does my bum look big in this?" question for you.
- Seek out the big savings. Some items are more heavily reduced that others, so head for those items not usually reduced during the year. Red ticket items include international labels, designer shoes and underwear.
- Pick an over the body bag. Hands-free handbags are a must for maximum ease when flicking through those racks! Streamline the contents of your bag to minimize shoulder weight. Trust us, at the end of a long day on your feet — your shoulders will thank us for this!
keep reading . . .
Got it? Good! Now go forth into the post-Christmas sales, and bag a bargain like the pro that you are. Happy shopping!