2011 Fall New York Fashion Week: Altuzarra
Last year's Ecco Domani winner Joseph Altuzarra knows what modern women want: to be cool and sophisticated at the same time. If that's your fashion mission, read on. For Fall '11, the designer managed to marry oversize fur parkas with the silkiest of frocks, tweed skirts with chunky sweaters, military-inspired pieces with preppy argyle. It was juxtaposition at its most fabulous. Deep hues like maroon and olive green kept the scene very serious, while thigh-revealing side slits and sheer fabrics added a major dose of sexy. Military meets sexy meets preppy meets cool — I can't think of a better mashup.
- Trends: Fur parkas, long, asymmetrical hemlines, argyle.
- Colours: Deep red, brown, olive green, brown.
- Key Looks: Print dress with oversize parka; chunky ivory turtleneck sweater with tweed pencil skirt.
- Accessories: Lace-up, knee-high boots, fur anklets.
- Who Would Wear It: The fashion-conscious girl who can't commit to one style but seeks an overall cool air.