See Jenny Packham's Latest Collection — Before It Ends up on Kate Middleton
British designer Jenny Packham is known for her elegant, long dresses, a handful of which were present in the Fall 2016 collection she presented during New York Fashion Week on Sunday. Jenny kicked things up a notch, however, by adding sparkle and texture — many of the pieces were adorned with sequins, beads, and a material that looked like tinsel. As the house explained in a press release, the collection was "inspired by the hedonistic energy of the Parisian club scene in the 80's and 90's. . . a time when it was hip to be glamorous."
Of course, Jenny Packham is one of Kate Middleton's favourite designers and there were plenty of looks which we can envision on the Duchess of Cambridge, including the show-stopping olive green tulle gown.
But other pieces had a bit more of an edge, like a bright red sequined fringe coat and a silver-black sequinned lightning-bolt dress. The more adventurous pieces looked perfect for society girls who hang with musicians on the weekend. The whole collection was ultimately refined, but with a hint of adventure.
- Trends: Bold statements in the form of sequins, glitter, and volume.
- Colors: Red, gold, black, silver.
- Shoes: Elegant Christian Louboutin shoes completed every look.
- Details You Might Have Missed: A number of looks were completed by wide belts over skirts, coats, and dresses.
- Key Prints: Lightning bolts, polka dots, stars.
- Who Would Wear It: Mary Charteris and other musically-inclined It-girls who bring their rocker partners to parties.