Set against an icy grey day at Bondi Beach, Kirrily Johnston's Spring/Summer 2011-12 collection radiated a kind of elegant warmth. Gauzy fine metallic knits shone next to touch-me-soft suede flares and languid silks. Burnt orange and pretty pink terracottas sat next to sagey greys in colour blocked knit shifts and backless sheaths. Her modern goddess aesthetic was completed by leather and rose-gold hardware, which gave structure to Kirrily's fluid silhouettes and billowing shapes.
- Trends: Neutral colours, leather, suede, metallic knits, flares, halter neck dresses, draping and sheer layering.
- Colours: Terracotta, sage green, grey, blush, black and tan.
- Accessories: Gladiator calf-high leather sandals, rose-gold chain over the body bags and wide cuffs, turquoise stone neckpieces, waisted wide leather belts.
- Front row: Emma Lung, Alex Dimitriades, Tommy Ton, Terry Biviano and Jodi Gordon.
- Key looks: Sheer oversized knits teamed with suede flares, scuba inspired knitted swimwear, diaphanous backless halter neck dresses and colour blocked shifts.
Craving a Fashion Week wardrobe?
To collect your front row ticket . . .