2012 Paris Couture Fashion Week: Elie Saab
Elie Saab's Fall 2012 Couture collection was nothing short of a red carpet affair. By “infusing the collection with imperial splendour,”Elie's Constantinople era-inspired collection was filled to the brim with a decadent beading and lace awash in pretty hues of pale pink, gold, nude, and even a few pops of teal. The show kicked off with a line of dramatic, shimmery black gowns (led by model-of-the-moment Karlie Kloss) followed by a pretty regalia of softer hues, some of which highlighted cocktail appropriate knee-length dresses. Fancier evening wear showed intricate sheer lace detailing, high slits, and luxurious embroidery. We already predict a bevy of A-listers anxiously waiting for their next red carpet premiere just for a piece of this glamorous collection.
- Trends: Lace, sheer detailing, and high slits
- Colours: Black, nude, pink, light blue, teal, and gold
- Key piece: The gold column gown worn by Karlie Kloss hits all notes of perfection.
- Accessories: Skinny belts, black, gold, and light blue sandals
- Who would wear it: Red carpet stunners like Zoe Saldana, Emma Stone, and Gwyneth Paltrow