2012 Fall New York Fashion Week: 3.1 Phillip Lim
Phillip Lim showed a bookish, workwear-inspired cool for Fall '12 — some of the models even carried briefcase-style clutches down the runway. The designer offering up tapered trousers, fitted blazers, and his signature slouchy yet structured knits, all playing into a pretty, polished glamour that's perfect for the office. The collection was a refreshing mix of youthfulness (bright pops of colours, sleek pointy-toe loafers, tiny slivers of skin showing) with an underlying note of sophistication (turtlenecks, contoured coats, high-waisted pants), bringing a sweet sartorial dichotomy to the art of Autumnal layering. Get the details below.
- Trends: Knit blanket coats, subtle geometric prints and colour-blocking, perfectly tailored trousers.
- Colours: Black, white, red, bright blue, grey, taupe.
- Key Piece: The wool patchwork coat with turtleneck; the mohair cape with white trousers.
- Accessories: Leather belts, oversize foldover clutches, metallic ankle booties and t-strap pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: Women who want to look on-trend but professional at the office.