2013 Spring New York Fashion Week: Jenny Packham
With a red-carpet following that includes Kate Middleton, Jenny Packham's Spring '13 collection was all about sequins and shine. Inspired by Vegas circa 1960, the designer mainly focused on copious amounts of embellishments adorned on minidresses and sheaths. A few looks, draped dresses and polka-dot peplums, provided pared-down options for the minimalist. For her red-carpet clientele, Packham provided elegant column gowns, some of which featured stunning intricate floral beading. We can't help but wonder which one Kate Middleton will wear for her next black-tie affair., and ,
- Trends: '60s, peplums, heavy embellishment.
- Colours: Dove grey, gold, citron, pink, white, yellow, black, tangerine orange.
- Key Piece: The dove-grey embellished long-sleeved gown was the perfect example of elegance meets glamour.
- Accessories: Shimmery pumps by Christian Louboutin, statement earrings, clear clutches, and jeweled necklaces.
- Who Should Wear It: Kate Middleton will surely nab one of Packham's long, shimmery gowns; Lea Michele would love to show off her pins in one of the embellished minidresses.