With more restraint than we're used to seeing from Marni, Consuelo Castiglioni tempered her lineup of prints in favour of solids and minimalist leather. That's not to say that this collection doesn't make any references to Marni's signature print play — in fact, it opens with graphic window-pane prints and finishes out with a few bolder floral coats and dresses; but the meat of this collection is a simpler side, punctuated with exaggerated proportions and a touch of leather. Voluminous, yes, but womanly shapes are not entirely lost — Castiglioni makes references to more feminine silhouettes with her takes on peplum, dressing with subtle fit-and-flare shapes and coats with ties at the waist. Right down to the streamlined clutches and minimalist ankle-strap heels, it's contemporary and coolly crafted, all with a dose — however restrained — of Marni's signature in a touch of jacquard, a flash of whimsical florals, and even a look finished in embellished shag as the show neared its finale.
- Trends: Peplum, leather, jacquard, graphic checkered and floral prints.
- Colours: Black, white, tan, forest green, petal pink, burgundy, coral, mustard, purple.
- Key Piece: The modernist plays on peplum.
- Accessories: Ankle-strap heels and platforms, ladylike purses, streamlined clutches.
- Who Should Wear It: Quirky, sweet stylers with a fashion-forward side, like and .