2013 Fall New York Fashion Week: Monique Lhuillier
Monique Lhuillier held nothing back for Fall '13, showing a collection filled with sumptuous fabrics and decadent details. The designer kicked off her runway show with a Winter white story, highlighting floral-printed sheath dresses and trousers paired with vivacious colour-blocked furs. However, it's no surprise that the main event was Lhuillier's evening-wear segment — in addition to showing the stunning floor-length gowns we're used to seeing, the designer switched up her routine with an array of brilliant red-carpet-ready dresses in shorter tea lengths featuring sheer tulle and intricate lacework. It's no wonder the designer has celebs and fashion girls alike fawning over her gorgeous wares.
- Trends: Shorter, tea-length gowns, brocade, decadent embroidery, coloured fur.
- Colours: Emerald, white, gold, black, purple, scarlet red.
- Shoes: Sexy lace, wrap, and cut-out sandals and heels from Lhuillier's new shoe line.
- Who Should Wear It: The red carpet A-list ladies like Marion Cotillard, Kerry Washington, and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Editor's pick: The black strapless shorter-length gown with gold detailing was made for award season.