2013 Spring New York Fashion Week: Narcisco Rodriguez
Narciso Rodriguez wowed us today with a masterful collection for Spring '13, concentrating on fluid shapes and bold colours. It was all about the flattering bias cut for the designer, who was influenced by Vionnet and Balenciaga, showing a variety of silky slip dresses with refreshing sheer details and colour-block techniques using rich jewel tones such as deep fuschia, green, and red. Luxe trousers and blazers stayed true to Rodriguez's penchant for minimalism, but the element of surprise came in the way of beautiful botanical tops made of intricate paillettes. The same appliqué technique was translated on a few colour-blocked dresses, injecting an even more glamorous touch to his vision. The effortless versatility speaks for itself — we can easily see these looks translated from day (just take a cue from the designer and pair it with a blazer) to night in a snap.
- Trends: Slip dresses, sheer details, embellished tops, and colorblocking.
- Colours: Red, fuchsia, forest green, black, white, rust, and blue.
- Key Piece: We'd like to add those effortless, languid white-and-pink-colour-blocked slip dresses to our closets, stat.
- Accessories: Strappy leather wedge sandals, ankle-strap sandals, satchels, peep-toe mules, oversize colour-block clutches.
- Who Should Wear It: We can easily see party mixers like and donning Narciso's slip dresses with sexy statement sandals for an evening out on the town.