2013 Spring London Fashion Week: Pringle of Scotland
Our tailored staples are getting a candy-coloured wash for Spring '13. Pringle of Scotland kept it simple in silhouettes but told a vibrant colour story with primaries and pastels (and sweet side-swept ponytails and red lips) indicative of a retro girl. Pullovers and cardigans were reworked in cobalt and a splash of marigold, just as the lineup of slim trousers, pleated skirts, and easy sheath dresses were. What set them apart was the attention to detail — embellishments, even appliques on sheer tunics (worn over pants), asymmetrical hemlines, and a flash of metallic accents that gave the line's polished fare contemporary confidence.
- Trends: Metallics, brights, colour-blocking, sheer, dresses over pants.
- Colours: Silver, beige, black, bright yellow, cobalt blue, and fuchsia.
- Key Piece: The metallic and colour-blocked trousers were a cooler, contemporary counterpart to the preppier staples.
- Accessories: Coloured and metallic pointed-toe pumps, metallic belts.
- Who Should Wear It: This is for the preppy set — we could see the printed miniskirt and black peplum-style top looking sweet on Emma Stone.