2013 Spring New York Fashion Week: Rachel Roy
With Rachel Roy, the best part may just be the fact that with every piece, you have the sense that you could easily wear it too — and, hopefully, look just as chic. Her Spring line-up was no different, showcasing a cool collection of feminine, wearable separates and just a few dresses, all with just the right touch of whimsy, be it a bit of neoprene on an evening gown or the sparkly, party-perfect heels paired with each look. There's a sense that you could shop your entire wardrobe all right here (including bags and jewels). Roy's covered all the bases, from more casual short sets and knits to your more sophisticated suiting, all with the same effortlessness and playfulness that relies on easy cuts and bright prints and colour.
- Trends: Mixed prints, peplum, brights, one-shoulder dresses, colorblocking, and jumpsuits.
- Colours: Black, white, purple, yellow, orange, and tan.
- Key Piece: In a collection filled with prints and bold colour, the eyelet LWD was a stand-out.
- Accessories: Strappy embellished heels, pointed-toe pumps, chunky gold-chain necklaces, and stacks of rhinestone and beaded bracelets; snake-embossed cross-body bags.
- Who Should Wear It: We expect to see it on Roy fan Olivia Palermo. We could see in the pink-and-orange colour-blocked shirtdress or the one-shouldered, peplum-trimmed cocktail dress.