2013 Spring New York Fashion Week: Reem Acra
Reem Acra was all about downtown attitude as she showed off a stunningly modern collection for Spring '13. Inspired by Aaron Young's iconic motorcycle art, the line's sharp and tailored pieces are perfect for the working woman, red-carpet beauty, and everyone in between. The show opened up with leather dresses and silk sheaths highlighting laser cut-outs made to look like motorcycle tread marks. Next came a series of elegant separates ranging from silky, wide-leg trousers to tailored, tuxedo-inspired dresses and jumpsuits. Then came the red-carpet drama; sultrier looks showed sheer, jewelled insets, the most daring being a red gown with sheer, body-length side panels. Of course, it wouldn't be a Reem Acra show without a few glamorous gold gowns dripping in intricate embroidery. Acra devised gorgeous tulle gowns decorated with paillettes and floral details. Read more details from the exquisite collection below.
- Trends: Sheer details, jumpsuits, wide-leg trousers, and bomber jackets.
- Colours: Navy, green, red, ivory, gold, and fuchsia.
- Key Piece: The navy dress with a sheer bodice inset looked stunning from every angle.
- Accessories: Neon pumps, patent ankle-strap pumps, metallic sandals, leather clutches, and silver belts.
- Who Should Wear It: We can see working it in one of Reem's sexy, sheer-paneled gowns and in the designer's gilded gold creations.