2013 Spring Paris Fashion Week: Valentino
After the paparazzi calmed down from Jennifer Lopez's hot-pink front-row appearance at Valentino's Spring '13 show, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli were ready to start the show. While we come to expect nothing less than feminine, ladylike looks from the brand, the designing duo injected a dose of modernity into the collection, as models walked out in see-through plastic trenchcoats and leather dresses. Chiuri and Piccioli's take on sheer was done in the most beautiful manner: blouses and skirts were layered over lace slips, while gorgeous gowns showcased impeccable floral beading on diaphanous layers. The story continued with stunning white guipure lace dresses and skirt, effortlessly elegant slipdresses, and, of course, the red-carpet-worthy gowns. This time, Chiuri and Piccioli created an exciting array of lace gowns featuring whimsical contrasting collars and beaded embroidery. Feminine, flattering, and breathtaking — we're already counting down the days until wears yet another one of these magical creations.
- Trends: Sheer layers, embellishment, leather, lace.
- Colours: Black, white, red, navy, beige, green, bronze, silver.
- Key Piece: We can't wait to see the breathtaking black floral beaded gown on the red carpet.
- Accessories: Clear sandals, envelope clutches, studded leather bags, oversize sunglasses.
- Who Should Wear It: The gorgeous array of lace and embellished gowns were made for the likes of Anne Hathaway, , and . We can also picture front-row attendee exploring her softer side in one of Valentino's ethereal lace gowns.