2012 MBFWA: Lisa Maree
When it comes to sexy swimwear, Lisa Maree knows her stuff. The queen of crochet didn't deviate too far from what she's known for; skin-baring pieces that mix poolside glamour with an I'm-on-holidays sense of fun. Abstract, photo-print florals in pale pastel hues made it pretty, whist handy-craft detailing added an ethnic vibe to the maxi dresses, cropped tanks and sheer languid trousers on display. Plaited hesian edging, knot-tied paneling, harness-style straps and laser-cut leather added a textural twist to the vacay-appropriate runway offerings. And the togs? There were plenty of Lisa's signature crochet work, as well as sexy side cut-out one pieces to boot.
- Colours: Pastels in blue, pink and turquoise as well as black and grey.
- Trends: Midriffs, laser-cut leather, maxi dresses, sheer, abstract prints and jumpsuits.
- Key Looks: A heart motif, scale-effect crop top and mini skirt, sexy crochet cossies, a pleated-bust jumpsuit and tassle-edged kimono.
- Accessories: Tassle-topped brogue-esque heels.
- Front Row: Ruby Rose, Kate Waterhouse.