2012 Paris Couture Fashion Week: Versace
With front row attendees like Jessica Alba, Elizabeth Banks, and Lea Michele, it's safe to say the line to nab a piece of Donatella Versace's Fall '12 Couture collection for the next red carpet appearance will be a lengthy affair. The show — held at the prestigious Ritz Paris where her brother Gianni Versace showed his couture shows for many years before his death — turned up the volume on what the Italian fashion house does best: jaw-dropping minidresses and gowns. The collection was filled with Versace's signature glamour and glitz as a rainbow of pastel hued looks made their way down the runway. If the sheer corset dresses and scarf print minis weren't enough, Donatella's penchant for over-the-top decadence was proven in her flourish of studded wide belts, strappy high heel pumps, statement cocktail rings. Look closely and you can see all intricate fabric techniques she utilized like weaving patent leather together into a leather jacket, creating delicate sheer cutouts, and our favourite, a glittery mesh detail we're dying to get our hands on. More details from the collection below, then check out the complete collection.
- Trends: High slits, sheer cutouts, metallics
- Colours: Yellow, green, pink, purple, gold, light blue.
- Key piece: The diaphanous printed gowns with high slits are perfect for a red carpet event.
- Accessories: Strappy pumps, wide embellished belts, and statement rings
- Who would wear it: Girls who want to turn heads like Katy Perry, Rihanna and Selena Gomez.