For Spring '12, Alberta Ferretti delivered her signature ultra-feminine aesthetic with a modern twist as models strutted down the runway in sheer cutouts, African-inspired prints, crochet, and beading cut into slinky slip dresses and skirts. "To me, a simple shape and easy way is feminine and modern," said Ferretti. For daywear, the designer offered up a bevy of geometric cut-out dresses — made to replicate Zulu markings — effortless knee-length skirts, and vibrant patterned dresses. However, it was evening offerings that took our breath away. Alberta's sheer black gowns were exquisitely embroidered with intricate beading and crochet details lending the perfection bohemian luxe vibe. Read below for more details from the collection.
- Trends: Sheer slip dresses, crochet and beading details, tribal prints.
- Colours: Black, white, green, fuchsia, red, citron.
- Key Look: The sheer black beaded gowns looked amazing.
- Accessories: Beaded bags, strappy and ankle-wrap stilettos in black, white, and orange.
- Who Would Wear It: The tribal looks will cater to the downtown crowd and the gowns are perfect for red-carpet ladies like Emma Watson and Kate Bosworth.
Take your front row seat . . .