2012 Fall New York Fashion Week: Calvin Klein
Considering this morning's news that Occupy Wall Street protesters were planning to shut down the show, it was nice to see that Calvin Klein's Fall runway presentation went off without a hitch. Francisco Costa showed pieces that prove you can be sexy without showing off absolutely everything — the designer sent loose, hourglass-shaped frocks and pleated pants down the runway, sticking to a chic, sensible color palette of black and off-white with a few pops of red thrown in. The perfect wardrobe for working women — or the girl who wants to invest in one piece to wear forever — Costa's Fall collection was decidedly modern, with a hint of mystery and subtle seduction. Get the breakdown below.
- Trends: Textured wool, leather panels, hourglass silhouettes.
- Colours: Black, bone, red.
- Key Piece: The poppy-hued, wool-mohair collarless coat cinched with a simple silver belt.
- Accessories: Modern, minimalistic waist belts; classic court shoes.
- Who Would Wear It: Feminine, minimalist types; Michelle Williams, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Rooney Mara (who sat front row).