2012 MBFWA: Carla Zampatti
Carla Zampatti's own home played host to her Spring/Summer 2012-13 preview, creating an intimate feel to the off-schedule show. The grand foyer and sunshine-filled rooms transported guests to a Hollywood Hills mansion, circa 1970, complete with celebrity house guests. The clothes kept up their end of the glamorous deal, as floor-sweeping maxi dresses with halterneck fronts or racer-cut backs glided past. Her loyal ladies-who-lunch clientele were kept happy with the classically tailored jackets, fluid sheaths and ladylike separates, whilst Carla surprised with her first (and rather sexy) swimwear line. One pieces were slashed to the navel, or asymmetrically cut, for true poolside glamour; modesty retained with sheer organza coats that would work equally well for after-dark as for a daytime dip. A concise bridal capsule capped off the show in draped tulle, with pastel spliced design adding the final dramatic touch.
- Trends: Pastels, relaxed tailoring, sheer, midriffs, metallic brocade, jumpsuits.
- Colours: Powder blue, musk pink, white, cream, tangerine, black and navy.
- Key Looks: Grecian chiffon gowns, a sheer flocked crop top and high waisted skirt in tangelo, the swimsuits.
- Accessories: Jan Logan singular stud and drop pearl earrings, PeepToe two strap stilettos.
- Front Row: Barry Humphries, Alyssa Sutherland, Lisa Wilkinson, Sophie Falkiner, Terry Biviano and Yasmin Sewell.