Carven Spring 2012
There's a reason we all love Guillaume Henry's designs for Carven: they're wearable, chic, and have that perfect twist of whimsy we all crave. The designer delivered just that, plus a mix of colorful Alpines-inspired silhouettes and ikat patterns, for Spring in the way of Lederhosen-like leather shorts, cutout dresses, prim collars, and circle skirts. Leather was utilized to the fullest via swingy skirts, high-waist shorts, and buckle-embellished shift dresses while collar tops were revamped with cropped cuts and cutout details. Meanwhile, vibrant ikat patterned dresses and colorful lace-inset frocks provided perfect partywear options. Needless to say, we want everything from the collection. Read our breakdown below for more details.
- Trends: Crop tops, cutouts, collar details, ethnic prints.
- Colors: Red, blue, marigold, black, off-white.
- Key Look: The cutout leather dresses and prim collar tops.
- Accessories: Flatform loafers, ankle-wrap sandals, printed clutches.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who love wearable, whimsical chic pieces.