2012 A/W Paris Fashion Week: Céline
Through her signature minimalist lens, Phoebe Philo brought forth a sportier-chic with the season's call to volume on wide boxy coats and cropped leather jackets for Céline's A/W 2012 collection. There's a subtle departure here from Philo's typical stuff — though it may even be an exaggeration to suggest it's a deviation at all. Rather, Philo enhances her usual minimalist-chic with a few bold pops of colour and a little luxe texture. Shapes are wide and boxy in Céline's signature fashion, but we do get a taste of bold flavour on fuchsia washed fur on a long coat or a puffed up sweatshirt-style top. The usual fare is a simplified, albeit volume-injected exercise in androgynous outerwear silhouettes, cropped pants, and slouchy track pants. In every pared-down piece from the leather shells to the streamlined clutches each model had in hand, Philo hones her craft for the uncomplicated-cool.
- Trends: Boxy coats, leather, colour-saturated fur, colour-blocking, minimalism.
- Colours: Blue, orange, black, white, pink.
- Key Look: The boxy navy car coat with brown leather lapels.
- Accessories: Wide oversized handheld clutches; white pointed-toe pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: Fashion's unfussy types.
All photos courtesy of Céline