Phoebe Philo played with proportions, and little else, for her Spring 2012 collection. There were cocoon sleeve jackets, cinched with extra-wide belts, trousers dressed up with sculpted peplum details that looked like they had been influenced by a Frank Gehry building, and peplum. The minimalist mood remained strong, and while some of the oversized proportions seem hard to wear in real life, there were slimmer silhouettes that would work for every day: slim blouses tucked into low-waisted pleated skirts, crisp shirtdresses, and a definite must-have, ankle-strap platform heel. It was a paired back, conceptual play on the signature Céline silhouette, sure to keep the brand's most loyal fans happy.
- Trends: Minimalism, proportion-play, leather, sheer, suiting.
- Colours: Black, red, white, burgundy and grey.
- Key Look: Red and white graphic spliced tunic, oversized leather pieces.
- Accessories: Solid platform heels, extra-wide waisted belts.
- Who Would Wear It: Modernist lovers like Gwyneth Paltrow and Diane Kruger.
See the full collection from Phoebe Philo . . .