2012 Fall New York Fashion Week: Diane von Furstenberg
Designers have been sticking to a more neutral palette for Winter but not Diane von Furstenberg and Yvan Mispelaere. Showing to a celebrity-filled crowd at Lincoln Center — we spotted Solange, Molly Sims, Coco Rocha, and Barbara Walters in the crowd — the duo filled the runway with gorgeous colour combos in every jewel tone imaginable. The theme of the collection was "rendezvous," further explained in the show notes as "glamorous at a moment's notice." The outcome was sexy, effortless French-inspired dressing in the way of formfitting wool jersey dresses, wrap skirts, office-appropriate separates, and drapey asymmetric jumpsuits. A pink rendition of the latter, paired with an oversized dark burgundy coat, was one of the highlights of the collection. Whimsical prints — puzzle pieces, quotation marks, and keyholes, were splayed across an array of wrap skirts, oversized coats, and blouses, emoting a sense of mysterious quirk. Whether you're a working woman or just looking to paint the town red, DVF has you covered.
- Trends: Sheer insets, thingh high slits, halter and racerback details.
- Colours: Raspberry, seafoam green, scarlet red, dark teal, black, mustard yellow.
- Key Piece: We loved the asymmetric pink jumpsuit paired with a gorgeous dark burgundy coat.
- Accessories: Oversized clutches, box clutches, printed satchel bags, leather opera length gloves, ankle-strap pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave effortless, sexy silhouettes and bright hues like Zoe Saldana and front row attendees Molly Sims and Solange.