Donna Karan afar for inspiration for her Spring 2012 collection, which had a powerful tribal element that was more queen of the desert than girl-on-safari. Glamorous, body-hugging ruched gowns were rendered in earth tones like mud, sienna, black, and cream, and accessorized with incredible spiked necklaces, which made the tall, slender models with their slicked back ponytails look regal and elegant.
- Trends: Tribal, colour blocking, graphic prints, body con dresses.
- Colours: Earthy tones, white, black, orange and pale green.
- Key Look: Spliced gowns and body-con dresses.
- Accessories: Statement making wooden collar necklaces, ankle wrapped leather sandals and wooden bangles.
- Who Would Wear It: Ladies who like to make an elegant statement; Michelle Obama, Anna Wintour, Jessica Szohr, Kate Winslet or Jessica Alba.
See what Donna presented at New York Fashion Week . . .