2012 A/W Paris Fashion Week: Givenchy
For Givenchy's Autumn/Winter 2012 collection, Riccardo Tisci showed a strong lineup of equestrian-inspired looks comprised of structural leather dresses, luxurious over-the-knee riding boots, and sexy lace. Precision cut jackets were paired with jodpur trousers, and full pleated skirts were styled with cropped caplet jackets driving home the riding theme. Tisci's signature hard-edge style was present in every look; dresses ranged from architectural leather renditions to embellished boudoir-like slip dresses showing sexy slits and sheer detailing. For added texture, Tisci's showcased sumptuous two-tone short sleeve jackets and tri-colour vests. There were also a bevy of leather pants dipped in bright red hues and our favourite, a standout pair of black quilted trousers. More highlights from the collection below.
- Trends: Leather dresses, structured coats, over-the-knee boots, jodpurs.
- Colours: Red, black, brown, camel, tangerine, purple.
- Key Look: We loved the structural leather pieces and tailored blazers.
- Accessories: Over-the-knee boots, wide belts, leather gloves, silk scarves.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave dramatic fashion-forward looks like front row attendees Alicia Keys, Leigh Lezark, and Cassie Ventura.