2012 Paris Couture Fashion Week: Givenchy
Givenchy's Spring 2012 presentation just validated our longtime desire to play basketball in a couture gown — Riccardo Tisci brought total glamour to the hardwood, showing beautiful '20s and '30s-inspired looks reminiscent of classic science fiction films. It took 350 hours to complete the silk jersey gowns, which were embroidered with scales of crocodile skin, curve-contouring zippers, and opaque beads — making for extraordinarily one-of-a-kind pieces that are sure to bring the ultimate drama to any red carpet. The feminine, slightly edgy collection was simply breathtaking, and we can't wait to see which starlet will sport the pieces this season.
- Trends: Crystals, sequins, and lots of intricate beaded detailing; crocodile scales embroidered on silk tulle.
- Colours: White, black and mocha.
- Key Look: The long-sleeved, full-length crocodile scale gown.
- Accessories: Embellished nose rings and oversize, shoulder-sweeping earrings.
- Who Would Wear It: Risk-taking red carpet stars like Tilda Swinton, Evan Rachel Wood and Cate Blanchett.