For Spring 2012, Jonathan Saunders took an extremely juicy trip to 50s ladylike dressing, giving us a collection of ultra-feminine dresses and separates in an array of colours in Juicy Fruit shades. Add to that Indian-inspired prints and a curlicue print that reminded us of a Palm Beach grandmother's white wrought iron fence, and you have a bold collection that channels the ladylike dressing of the 1950s without any real primness, but a real sense of fun. There were more boyish options too, via slouchy bermuda shorts and silky pyjama tops — intented for a platform shoe and boyfriend blazers.
- Trends: Bright colour, bold print, '50s ladylike dressing, pyjama dressing, bermuda shorts.
- Colours: aqua, lemon, lime, orange, bright pink.
- Key Piece: the printed full-skirted dresses, slouchy bermuda shorts, but really anything in the curlicue print.
- Accessories: bright, tropical-looking platform espadrilles.
- Who Would Wear It: It's a versatile collection that could be worn by England's current fashion leading ladies like Kate Middleton or Samantha Cameron, or style cuties like Olivia Palermo and Alexa Chung.
See the collection in full . . .