2012 Fall New York Fashion Week: Lacoste
If the snow outside wasn't enough for NYFW attendees, Felipe Oliveira Baptista provided a few snowflakes of his own for Lacoste's Fall runway show this morning at Lincoln Center. As fake snow blew into the audience, Oliveira Baptista set the tone for his sporty chic ski-inspired line. Mixing in the old — Oliveira Baptista referenced uniforms the brand designed for France's 1966 national ski team — with the new, the designer conceived a smart mix of body-conscious pieces fitting for any après-ski occasion. One can easily head to the slopes, or to the cabin, in one of Oliveira Baptista's rugby-meets-ski minidresses and jumpsuits or sport-striped leggings paired with chic oversized parkas and coats. Leather quilted vests and jackets injected a luxurious touch to the overt sportif theme. With a play on fashionable function, Oliveira Baptista experimented with zippers, some of which opened up all the way up to the shoulders to replicate the look of a cardigan tossed over your shoulder, while others served as pockets for hoods disguised as a stylish oversized collar. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Oversized parkas, colour-block, sporty zipper accents.
- Colours: Blue, red, off-white, grey, navy blue, black.
- Key Piece: We loved the oversized parka jackets and luxurious quilted leather jackets and vests.
- Accessories: Leather platform boots, wool and leather bucket bags, snow goggles/sunglasses, leather gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: Anyone looking for a sporty play on Winterwear.