For Spring 2012, Alber Elbaz offered a collection of fluid, beautiful clothes that proffered modern ideas about strength, femininity, and wearability. For daywear, he paired high-waisted pencil skirts with oversized organza tees or exaggerated shoulder tops — creating shapes that were modern, sculpted and strong. Some skirts and dresses were stitched together loosely to create cutouts, a flirtratious approach to ladylike dressing, and a parade of gorgeously draped dresses were done in sheer chiffon, wore over bodysuits, for a look that admittedly wouldn't fly in real life without a slip, but were absolutely gorgeous to look at on the runway, especially styled with the stunning winged necklaces. Finally, there were dresses that had coiled jewelled snakes wrapped around the collar. Was it a reference to the original Eve? We're not sure, but the effect was ultra sexy and provocative, and we know we'll see those on the red carpet.
- Trends: Sheer, ladylike dressing, cut-outs, boudoir, draping, minimalism.
- Colours: Acid green, sky blue, blush, deep purple, charcoal.
- Key Piece: Snake-embellished dresses, draped dresses, the wide-shoulder dresses and tops.
- Accessories: Bird wing necklaces, oversized crosses, and other statement jewels.
- Who Would Wear It: Sophisticated women with a more modern approach to femininity, like , the Olsen twins, or .
Check out Lanvin's S/S runway show . . .