Pringle of Scotland Spring 2012
Alistair Carr showed his first collection for Pringle of Scotland today to a crowd of celebrities including Tilda Swinton, Harry Potter's Bonnie Wright, and Rosario Dawson. Carr's collection debut, described as The Beatles' “Across the Universe,” featured remixed chain link and argyle prints taken from the archives and turned into modern marvels with a '60s twist via brightly printed split-back dresses, shifts, and knits. Trousers were kept either loose or cropped, and some even featured refreshing slits around the knees and tuxedo stripes. Standout pieces include the purple chain-link print paired with metal cap-toe pumps, colored sunglasses, and the graphic print argyle knit sweaters. It was the perfect mix of modern and vintage from Alistair Carr, and we can't wait to see more from the designer. More highlights from the collection below.
- Trends: Asymmetric hemlines, bright knit dresses, slit-detail trousers, bright print dresses, digital print knits.
- Colors: Gray, black, white, yellow, purple, turquoise blue.
- Key Look: We loved the purple chain-link print dress and graphic argyle prints.
- Accessories: Modern laced cap-toe pumps, double cuffs.
- Who Would Wear It: Women who like to wear modern cuts and prints Victoria Beckham and front-row attendee Tilda Swinton.