2012 Fall New York Fashion Week: Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger set the mood for his collection this evening at the Park Avenue Armory creating an Autumnal park paradise complete with wooden benches, pretty auburn trees, The Beatles playing in the backdrop, and a gravel path. As expected, the designer showcased his classic American style, but this time, interjected a completely modern spin to his mix via silk cable-knit printed dresses, luxe leather riding pants, and plenty of Glen plaid suits to go around. The classic pea coat was treated with a brilliant patent finish and trench coats received a smart colour-block detail on the sleeves. There were also plenty of quilted pieces, suede shirtdresses, A-line skirts, and tailored hunting jackets emoted a regal equestrian feel. Hilfiger exemplified the perfect mix of old and new — and we're loving every bit of it.
- Trends: Plaid, patent leather, wrap skirts, military, quilting.
- Colours: Olive green, brown, burgundy, black, purple, mustard yellow.
- Key Piece: We loved Hilfiger's silk cable-knit printed dresses.
- Accessories: Knee-high boots, quilted messenger bags, pony hair bags, equestrian riding hats.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave classic style with a twist like front row attendee Charlize Theron. We can also see Reese Witherspoon and Cate Blanchett in some of these pieces.