Rosemount Australian Fashion Week is only a week-and-a-half away and last minute rumours are making the rounds. We already know that it’ll be an international blogger invasion (Tommy Ton, Susie Bubble, Garance Doré, Scott Schuman and Phil Oh of Street Peeper) but what else is in store for RAFW’s 15th birthday?
- Despite saying she wouldn’t show this year, Collette Dinnigan is quickly pulling together a show to be held at the Elizabeth St David Jones store on April 29.
- Aside from making their Fashion Week debut, Bassike are planning to release a S/S ’10 footwear line. Shoes are also on the agenda for Fernando Frisoni, who will also unveil his footwear line at RAFW.
- She came to Australian Fashion Week in 2004, but word around the catwalk is that Helena Christensen will make another appearance this year. Perhaps she’s coming to support old roomie Gail Elliott’s Little Joe Woman collection?
- Wanna take a sneak peek at the final model line up for Rachel Gilbert’s show?
- Australia’s fresh design talent—dubbed the “Sydney Six”—consists of Romance Was Born, Dion Lee, Christopher Esber, Friedrich Grey, Konstantina Mittas and Therese Rawsthorne, and they’re promising darker, edgier collections that may not be entirely wearable.
- If you’re in Sydney don’t forget to check out Frock Stars, the Powerhouse Museum’s Australian Fashion Week exhibition. It opens April 22 (tomorrow) and celebrates the history, highlights, achievements and more.
- Last but not least, make sure you're stalking FabSugar throughout the week of May 3rd as I'll be blogging LIVE from all the shows! Excited much?