For Spring 2012, Mara Hoffman's neon-injected, tribal-print "Mexican Mamas" collection drew from icons like Frieda Kahlo with nods to Mexican style — and complete with a Mariachi band serenading the crowd. Neon hues and mega statement jewels dominated the presentation with head-to-toe looks that took the designer's affinity for print to another level. A mix of exotic tribal-inspired patterns on tailored pants and button-downs that you'd mix and match for ridiculously cool street style; then sheer caftans, perfect for your beachy getaways. It's an exercise in what Mara Hoffman does best — executing fantastic standout patterns in bold, animated colour that lend that bit of the exotic to your everyday, laid-back style in maxi dresses, slouchy pants, and jumpsuits. Really, though, we couldn't take our eyes off the brilliant statement jewels and the patterned lace-up wedges to complement each head-to-toe print.
- Trends: Tribal prints, brights, neon, statement jewellery, maxi dresses, jumpsuits, head-to-toe print.
- Colours: Neon pinks, bright blue, orange, and black, mulit-colour prints, white.
- Key Piece: Tribal-printed button-down and matching pants; sheer-skirted all-over print maxi dress.
- Accessories: Tribal-printed wedges, turbans and headscarves, bright statement necklaces and earrings.
- Who Would Wear It: The modern bohemian with a taste for statement prints and colour.
Click through to see Mara's print-tastic collection in full . . .