With gold embellishments and garden party-inspired prints, Cynthia Rowley's set the tone for a beautifully femme and still entirely modern Spring 2012. Models hit the mirrored, metallic runway in a contrast of botanical prints on slim-fit pants and waist-cinching jackets and blazers, while LBDs and knits got a dose of the same gold accents that Rowley echoed again and again on shoes, soccer-inspired patchwork bags, and even gilded shorts. Rowley delivered a collection that manages to be equal parts sophisticate and cool-girl — statement pieces in all-over florals that get a chicer edge thanks to sharp tailoring and a perfect palette.
- Trends: Contrast stitching, head-to-toe print, botanicals and florals, laser-cut detailing.
- Colours: White, black, red, gold, florals.
- Key Piece: White botanical print blazer and slim-fit black floral print pants.
- Accessories: Gold and white heels, mirrored shades, quilted soccer handbags.
- Who Would Wear It: Polished, feminine girls who still like to take risks; Olivia Palermo and Leighton Meester.
Check out Cynthia Rowley's full collection . . .