Felipe Oliveira Baptista redefined the term "sport chic" today for his debut as the creative director of French sportif brand Lacoste at New York Fashion Week. From beginning to end, Batista pulled us into his zone offering up a bevy of polished sportswear via silk anoraks, sexy silk dresses, bold colourblocked dresses and louche silk blouses. Crisp jackets and tunic length tops were perfectly tailored and refreshing layering techniques, like pairing a collared pinafore-inspired dress over a cropped top, drew us in even more. Geo-print pieces, we especially loved the turquoise and cobalt blue long sleeved printed dress, hit all the right notes on this season's popular sport trend. Check out more highlights from the collection below.
- Trends: Silk utilitarian ponchos and anoraks, crop tops, colourblock dresses.
- Colours: Red, blue, black, sunshine yellow, white.
- Key Look: Any of the silk ponchos and printed pieces.
- Accessories: Two-tone sandals, sporty sunglasses.
- Who Would Wear It: Chic prepsters or girls looking for a modern spin on classic sportswear.