Lover's square white runway stood out in the darkness of the Opera House's Studio, thanks in part to the illuminated box which hovered above and flashed images of the label's campaign images from its ten year history. The anniversary show brought drama to the RAFW programme, and as we sat ringside all eyes were focused inwards on the mesmorizing memory box whilst awaiting the first look. An incredibly feminine aesthetic was pitched against sleek lines of masculine inspired tailoring with the models swapping between feather-light French lace delicacies and the sharp silhouettes of tuxedo suit separates, all in the restrained blood red, white and black colour palette. Replacing their usual folkish muses of Prairie girls and Woodstock wannabes, Lover showed a collection full of feminine allure, sharp tailoring and luxe appeal. Looks like after ten years the Lover girl has grown into one very sexy woman.
- Trends: Lace, tuxedo dressing, coloured trousers, jumpsuits, super wide legged trousers.
- Colours: Red, white and black.
- Accessories: Super sexy heels in red, and nude with solid gold platforms.
- Front Row: Jessica Gomes, Tommy Ton, Susie Bubble, Emma Lung and Sophie Lowe.
- Key Looks: Blood red lace, especially a nipped waist dress with sleeves, sleek tuxedo suit jumpsuit in white, white blazers with black revears, virginial white lace and head to toe red suiting worn with a lace bandeau bra.
To see more from Lover's S/S collection . . .