2012 A/W Milan Fashion Week: Fendi
Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Fendi joined forces to create an apocalyptic-chic collection for A/W 2012 — the wintery, forest-inspired vibe was evident, as models walked the runway in luxe layers of patent PVC and coloured fur, looking gorgeously aggressive and ready for battle. Most of the pieces looked as if they had been literally cut from different cloths — oversize fur coats with contrasting sleeves, leather dresses with pleated bustles and wide corset belts, and tailored coats with cowhide bibs — all fashioned in a woodsy colour palette of greens, navies, and neutrals. Models' makeup was left mostly natural, save for white wings painted on their eyelids to mimic Lagerfeld's "snow on branches" aesthetic, and hairstylist Sam McKnight created strong, severe coifs to further lend to the collection's Victorian warrior princess vibe. Get the full breakdown below.
- Trends: Coloured fur, leather and PVC inserts, exaggerated, armour-inspired shoulders.
- Colours: Black, navy, maroon, forest green, slate grey.
- Key Piece: The multi-coloured fur coat with bold, bright yellow sleeves.
- Accessories: Wide leather corset belts; colour block lace-up ankle boots; coloured, crocodile-print tights; fur-covered handbags.
- Who Would Wear It: Only the sartorially daring, like Kate Moss, Daphne Guinness, and Sarah Jessica Parker.