2012 A/W Milan Fashion Week: Gucci
Frida Giannini featured a decadent array of dark hues and velvety textures for Gucci's A/W 2012 collection. Inspired by 19th-century romanticism, Giannini created lace-up blouses, sheer tulle Oscars-worthy gowns, and billowy capes. With a colour palette that was mainly comprised of black and purple hues, Giannini played up the textural component via velvet, feather embellishments, and jacquard patterns. Meanwhile, moody floral maxi skirts and baggy trousers emoted a casually luxe vibe, further translated in the designers' wide array of coats and jackets, ranging from an oversized shearling rendition to an elegant velvet wrapped blazer.
- Trends: Velvet, sheer dresses, baggy trousers, romanticism, leather.
- Colours: Black, purple, green, blue, dark burgundy.
- Key Piece: The sheer embellished gowns immediately caught our undivided attention.
- Accessories: Jewelled bow hair clips designed by Frida Giannini, suede peep-toe ankle boots, leather pumps, embossed leather satchels, leather gloves, knee-high boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Red-carpet stunners like Jennifer Lopez and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.