For girls on the hunt for the perfect party frock, look no further than Rachel Gilbert. After a hectic week of prep, this morning's show went off without a hitch. The runway was choc-full of bejewelled, body con and bubble hemmed delights, ready to make their way to the nearest red carpet. It seemed two silhouettes were at play; either cut close to the body with seam and panel detailing to draw attention to those party-circuit physiques, or voluminous for black tie occasions. Traditional princess gowns were made modern with the addition of contrasting trims, splashes of neon yellow, exposed zips and netting. Rachel's range of languid silk separates and draped shorter dresses provided some casual relief from all that bling. Alex Perry watch out!
- Trends: Full blown red carpet glamour, soft silk tailoring, body-con seaming and sequins galore.
- Colours: Acid yellow, nude, white and black, silver, pewter and lots of shine.
- Accessories: Nude and black platforms spliced with neon yellow.
- Front Row: Kate Waterhouse, Napoleon Perdis, Erika Heynatz, Laura Csortan and Emma Freedman.
- Key Looks: Head to toe shine via a neon yellow splotched silver glo-mesh ball gown, body-con seaming detail on close cut cocktail dresses and skirts, all over sequinned bolero jackets in white and black.
For Rachel's glam-parade in full . . .