Tory Burch seems to be getting edgier and edgier with each new season. Heck, even Kanye West was spotted sitting right alongside Tory herself at the Lincoln Center. "It's English countryside meets American sportswear," said Burch of the collection. Tory's spin on the widespread '70s trend was more refined, via suits — a red velvet smoking number inspired by her mother's old Yves Saint Laurent suit was amazing — dresses, and pretty bow blouses. The designer also experimented with chunky tweeds, plaint prints, and heavy embellishments adding a textural component to her collection. And love it or not, palazzo pants are back: low-slung pleated and printed versions were paired with silk tops for an effortless bohemian vibe. Cropped knit and leather jackets, furry oversized shearling vests, and cropped tweed coats were also notable pieces.
- Trends: '70s suiting, cropped coats, palazzo pants.
- Colours: Wine, muted orange, taupe, olive green, red.
- Key Looks: Velvet tuxedo-stripe suit, striped denim trousers with cropped tweed jacket.
- Accessories: Satchel bags, chunky loafers.
- Who Would Wear It: Michelle Obama, working women, and the occasional mix-master
Keep reading . . .