2011 Fall New York Fashion Week: Vera Wang
Vera Wang conjured up a romantic story for her Fall 2011 collection filled with pretty pleats. Her inspiration, the "English aristocracy of the 1930s," was translated into an abundance of modern elegance via sheer chiffon pleated gowns dipped in autumnal-appropriate hues. Dressy confections on their own, but Vera gave it her own fresh twist by pairing them with an amazing selection of slick coats — ranging from leather and techno-mesh creations to downright decadent oversized hood jackets — all lined with fox fur. Furthering her functional yet fancy vibe were perfectly scrunched leather gloves and sky-high platform booties. And while the collection lacked variety, Wang showed the perfect juxtaposition between femininity and function. We can already imagine the Oscar-attending A-listers knocking down her door . . .
- Trends: Ethereal pleated dresses, fur-trimmed utility coats.
- Colors: Loden, gray, wine, ivory, mustard.
- Key Looks: Racer-back sheer pleated gown, pants with half plisse skirt attached.
- Accessories: Scrunched leather gloves, leather platform boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Red-carpet attendees and the daring girl about town.