Bombs Away: 7 Versatile Bomber Jackets and Exactly How to Style Them
As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you’ll like too. POPSUGAR has affiliate and advertising partnerships so we get revenue from sharing this content and from your purchase.
Bomber jacket seem to never go out of style — constantly re-imagined by designers and styled in new and refreshing ways by fashion influencers and celebrities.
Originally designed for pilots in World War I, the bomber jacket quickly became popular for its durability and warmth. During World War II, the bomber jacket was given to members of the military, including pilots and crew members, as part of their uniform. It wasn’t until the 1950s that the bomber jacket became a symbol of rebellion and counterculture, worn by vintage bad boys like James Dean and Marlon Brando.
But now, the bomber jacket is seen on a range of people with different aesthetics. From Hailey Bieber who often sports an oversized bomber as part of a leisurewear ensemble, to Gigi Hadid, who loves a leather bomber, to Rihanna, who loves a bulky quilted bomber in a more sleek and refined look — bombers can be versatile.
And with textures like puffer and fur trending, now is a good time to invest in a bomber jacket.
Below, we’ve compiled seven of our favourite bomber jackets, with some tips on how we’d style them.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts