Priyanka Chopra Sparkles in an Upcycled Sari at the Star-Studded NMACC Gala
The Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre in Mumbai, India opened its doors on March 31, welcoming a guest list of Hollywood and Bollywood celebrities to celebrate the launch. Priyanka Chopra, Zendaya, Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss, and more stylish stars gathered to celebrate the NMACC opening with a glamorous, three-day affair that included musical shows, a costume exhibit, and a gala dinner.
With husband Nick Jonas by her side, Chopra attended night one of the festivities in a sheer Elie Saab couture gown covered in sequins. For the cultural center’s official launch on April 1, the former Bollywood actor chose a colorful, handcrafted ensemble that held much significance. Chopra described the upcycled, vintage look as an “amalgamation of the east and west” like herself. She worked with stylist Ami Patel and designer Amit Aggarwal to create the sequined saree with cutouts and a high slit.
Zendaya and her longtime stylist Law Roach sparkled in custom pieces by Indian fashion designer Rahul Mishra. The actor stunned in a purple, hand-embroidered sari gown paired with a textured gold bralette, while Roach wore a sherwani jacket and matching lehenga skirt with intricate floral embellishments. While Roach recently announced he was retiring as a stylist, he offered creative direction for both his and Zendaya’s looks.
Other notable looks at the gala included Hadid’s gorgeous sari featuring a gold jeweled top and Penélope Cruz’s pink gown lined with feathers. See more photos of all the standout outfits at the Mumbai launch of the NMAAC ahead.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts