I Tried This $4 TikTok Hack, and My Mini Dresses Don’t Ride Up Anymore
As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you’ll like too. POPSUGAR has affiliate and advertising partnerships so we get revenue from sharing this content and from your purchase.
Yes, it’s winter, but don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t flaunt your gorge legs in your favourite short party dress.
I love a short dress moment, but being tall, having curves, long legs and a short torso — makes wearing shorter hemlines a bit of a nuisance. I find that anything over-the-knee always rides up my legs (probably because of my juicy butt, which we love), or that already-short dresses are even shorter on me.
This means I wear short dresses less, which makes me sad, because no one should have to sacrifice their cheeky party girl look for practicality!
So I did some digging. I’ve found (and tried) two life-changing hacks, that will stop your fave short dresses from riding up all night.
First up, the hack I found on TikTok created by e-tailer ASOS. Never underestimate the power of hairspray is all I can say.
How to use it:
- Get yourself a hairspray that has extra hold, but isn’t too sticky (otherwise it could sting), like this ELEVEN Australia Give Me Hold Flexible Hairspray ($26.95) — which also smells really nice.
- Spray a generous portion around the tops of your legs. Make sure you get the front, back and sides.
- Pull your dress down over the top and rub the hemline to stick.
- You’re ready to go!
Extra tip: You’ll need to continue spraying throughout the night, when you go to the bathroom and need to lift your dress up. The ELEVEN Australia Give Me Hold Flexible Hairspray ($26.95) we recommended is 300g, so it’s the perfect travel size for you to pop in your bag.
If you’re not keen on using hairspray, I’ve got another hack for you: double-sided fashion tape. This stuff is genius. It’s exactly as it sounds — double-sided tape, like the ones you used to use in your scrapbooks (come on, we all had one) — but for all your fashion emergencies.
Here’s how to use it:
- First, you’ll need to find a good brand of tape. Our favourite is the Boobyful Aid Double Sided Fashion Tape ($19.96), because it doesn’t hurt to take off or leave a rash, but it sticky enough to last.
- Cut off four bits of tape, about 5-7cm long, two for each leg.
- Stick to the front of your leg and back of your leg, just above the hemline of your short dress.
- Pull your dress over the bits of Double Sided Fashion Tape and stick in place.
- You’re ready to slay!