Gwen Stefani Tests Out Muppetcore in Fuzzy Knee-High Platform Boots
Gwen Stefani proved the muppetcore fashion aesthetic can also be chic at the CMT Music Awards on April 2. The singer and GXVE Beauty founder arrived to the award show in a head-to-toe Valentino couture look, most prominently featuring fuzzy boots that just might be more controversial than Miu Miu’s thong boots. Stefani’s Y2K-inspired shoes were adorned with tiers of thin black feathers that trailed down from her knees and concealed a chunky platform. The shaggy footwear was damn-near impossible to ignore as she made her way down the red carpet with husband Blake Shelton.
The rest of Stefani’s outfit was a flirty twist on menswear, consisting of an oversize blazer, black tie, and white button-down tucked into a micro miniskirt covered in gold sequins and rhinestones. With input from stylists Rob Zangardi and Mariel Haenn, she finished the look with fishnet tights, crystal Untamed Petals earrings, several rings, red lipstick, and a double-bun hairstyle.
Later on in the evening, Stefani changed into a red and white polka-dot Versace dress, matching gloves, and buckled platform pumps before performing her 1995 hit “Just a Girl” on stage with Carly Pearce. She was just one of the many fashionable stars in attendance at the CMT Music Awards; Kelsea Ballerini wore a gray Dolce & Gabbana dress to make her red carpet debut with boyfriend Chase Stokes, Megan Thee Stallion commanded attention in a blue hip-cutout Defïence gown while presenting an award on stage, and Shania Twain stunned in a sheer Prabal Gurung gown that complemented her red hair.
Read ahead to take a zoomed-in look at Stefani’s feather-duster footwear at the award show in Austin, TX.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts