J Lo’s Naked Mermaid Dress Is a Sweet Tribute to Ben Affleck
Jennifer Lopez was, quite literally, a breath of fresh air at the Amazon Studios world premiere of “Air,” a film starring and directed by her husband Ben Affleck. Working with stylists Rob Zangardi and Mariel Haenn, the 53-year-old star wore an Antonio Grimaldi Couture gown with a chartreuse skirt affixed to a sheer, long-sleeved bodice. The upper portion of the dress was covered in crystal beads that appeared to drip down like rain droplets.
Lopez complemented the embellishments with lab-grown diamond stud earrings from Shiphra, matching rings, and a bedazzled pill-shaped clutch. Metallic platforms peeked out from beneath the skirt and her famous engagement ring with a green stone from Affleck was the final touch. In fact, her green skirt felt like a sweet nod to her engagement ring, perhaps signifying her love for Affleck and her pride for his latest accomplishment.
Styled by Lorenzo Martin, her hair was swept up into a messy bun with loose pieces curled to frame her face. Hrush Achemyan provided a sharply-lined cat-eye, glossy nude lip, peach blush, and highlighting shadow. Lopez’s manicure was described as a micro French fantasy by nail savant Tom Bachik, and it certainly gave off a translucent glow.
Affleck took the alternative route in a dark and textured ensemble from Thom Sweeney. His midnight navy corduroy suit was buttoned over a blue shirt and textural ridged tie, and he opted for a pair of brown leather oxfords.
Lopez has recently been working on her own fashion projects, including the launch of her Jlo Jennifer Lopez x Revolve shoe collection and debut of her Intimissimi lingerie campaign. Of course, her “This Is Me . . . Now” album is set to be released this summer, so we can expect plenty of promotional looks to come.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts