Maren Morris Attends the GLAAD Media Awards in a Slinky Purple Dress With a Hip-High Slit
Maren Morris was an honoree at the 2023 GLAAD Media Awards – and she dressed like it, too. The outspoken country singer attended the New York ceremony on May 13 wearing a striking purple sequin dress with an asymmetrical neckline and one long sleeve. The brightly colored, floor-length dress also featured cutouts at the waist and a hip-high slit, resulting in a practically open side.
Morris completed the outfit with clear pointed-toe heels, giving a glass slipper illusion, as well as diamond drop earrings and several silver rings. Her purple eye shadow matched the dress, while her bob haircut appeared to be the shortest her hair has been in years. She debuted the dramatic chop on Instagram a few days prior.
Accompanied by her husband, Ryan Hurd, Morris was in attendance to receive the Excellence in Media Award, which recognized her LGBTQ+ activism and allyship. Morris recently performed at the Love Rising benefit concert in protest of Tenessee’s antidrag bill. Before that, she used an insult slung at her by Tucker Carlson (“lunatic country music person”) to make merch benefiting Trans Lifeline and the GLAAD Transgender Media Program. The t-shirt raised $100,000 in a day.
Ahead, see photos of Morris celebrating in sequins.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts