Megan Thee Stallion Looks like a ’70s Disco Queen in Hip-Cutout Pants
Megan Thee Stallion struck gold in a retro two-piece set on March 28. The rapper looked like a ’70s disco queen in a ruched bralette and flared pants with symmetrical hip cutouts at The Hollywood Reporter’s Power Stylists Dinner in Los Angeles. Styled by Law Roach and designed by Julien Dossena, her custom ensemble was inspired by a runway look from Paco Rabanne‘s spring/summer 1997 ready-to-wear collection.
The original Rabanne set, modeled by Yasmeen Ghauri, featured an olive-green bra top paired with low-rise pants embellished with gold rings. While strikingly similar, Megan’s updated outfit featured a bandeau top in champagne gold with a halter neckline composed of interlocked gold chains. The same chains appeared again along the cutouts at either side of her matching pants.
Megan paired the figure-hugging bottoms with peep-toe sandals and Loewe jewelry, including a set of oversized hoop earrings. Megan’s hair and makeup team kept the luxe look going with a glossy lip, voluminous curls, and a two-tone french-tip manicure in shades of gold.
Megan’s famous friends and fellow stars left her many compliments in the comments section of her Instagram post following the event. Commenters included Zendaya, Tracee Ellis Ross, and Chlöe, who left rows of heart emoji. “DAMN BABY WHATTTTTT,” the “Treat Me” singer wrote. Chlöe added, “I GASPED.”
Megan’s dazzling sartorial moment comes less than two weeks after Roach announced his retirement. During the dinner, the duo took a moment to pose together, with Megan sticking her tongue out at the camera as she showed off her stunning outfit.
See the rapper’s shimmering ensemble from all angles ahead.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts