Every Single Celebrity Look from the 2023 Met Gala Red Carpet
The 2023 Met Gala red carpet has commenced at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, with the best-dressed celebrities paying homage to this year’s theme celebrating Karl Lagerfeld’s legacy. Every year on the first Monday in May, it brings together the biggest names in fashion, entertainment, and art for a night of glamorous celebration. And iconic fashion moments.
This year’s theme and dress code “In Honour of Karl”, celebrities are celebrating the life, work and legacy of Karl Lagerfeld. Best known for his role as creative director at French fashion label Chanel since 1983, he was also the creative director of Italian fur and leather goods fashion house Fendi, as well as his own eponymous fashion label.
With co-chairs Dua Lipa, Michaela Coel, Penelope Cruz, and Roger Federer assisting Vogue’s Anna Wintour in hosting the 2023 Met Gala, the first looks to see run the gamut, featuring popular trends such as cutouts, catsuits, and exaggerated leg slits, as well as more classical elements that Lagerfeld both appreciated through his own wardrobe and orchestrated into his creative work. Tweed, expert tailoring, a black-and-white colour palette, and accessories such as gloves are just a few notes to call out.
We’re expecting some pretty jaw-dropping moments, especially from celebrities that constantly take our breath away on these monumental steps, like Kim Kardashian and Rihanna.
Scroll down for our full 2023 Met Gala red carpet gallery, to stay up-to-date on the most amazing Karl Lagerfeld-inspired looks.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts