3 Non-Itch Stockings That Are Comfortable But Still Look Sexy
As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you’ll like too. POPSUGAR has affiliate and advertising partnerships so we get revenue from sharing this content and from your purchase.
Despite living in Melbourne — arguably the coldest and windiest state in Australia — I often go stocking-less. I have two reasons for this.
- I can’t stand the itch. If I get too warm or sit down for too long and get a sweaty butt — the tights always become itchy. And I don’t want to be ducking to the bathroom every 10 seconds to be itching *down there*.
- The legs are never quite long enough! For a tall (5″9) gal, I find that the legs aren’t long enough to sit above my hips where I want them. Or if they do, they always fall down throughout the day. And there is nothing worse than a crotch that is below your actual crotch.
However, I’m determined to be sensible and wear stockings this winter. Plus, all the fashionable celebs are styling them super cute — which makes me want to wear them even more.
Hailey Bieber loves a sheer stocking moment, styling them recently with socks and loafers. She also stepped out in Chelsea the other night, sporting a tight black mini dress, sheer black tights and black pumps — giving off ultimate class.
So where do we find the most comfortable stockings in Australia? Victoria Hatem, founder of hosiery brand INSTOCK, says it’s all about looking for the right materials.
“Like anything, legwear pieces and hosiery for individuals with sensitive skins can feel itchy – this generally comes down to the fabric used and way in which they are treated at manufacturing,” she tells POPSUGAR Australia.
“Look out for products that have been tested for any harmful substances to protect your skin health.”
Here are three stocking brands that boast sex appeal, comfort and size inclusivity.
Read More: POPSUGAR Shopping
- 11 Picnic Rugs Perfect Backdrop For Your On-the-Ground Spread
- Create the Perfect Necklace Stack With These 6 Tips From A Jewellery Expert
- The Best Serums to Naturally Grow and Strengthen Your Lashes
- These 9 Statement Jewellery Pieces Will Take Your Neutrals to New Heights
- 7 Australian-Owned Activewear Brands to Level Up Your Next Workout